Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Learn Tagweed (Many articls)

Default Re: Learn Tagweed (Many articls)

According to imam al Jazari madd munfasil can be read for the duration of one alif...

Question According to imam al Jazari madd munfasil can be read with the duration of one alif. Is this correct? Also could you tell me all the...

The letter khaa in the word ikhraaj (and other variations of it) is read with tafkheem. Is this dependant...

Question Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh The letter khaa in the word ikhraaj (and other variations of it) is read with tafkheem....

I have a question about taa and kaaf...

Question ssalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh I have a question about taa and kaaf. Both have the quality of ash shiddah and strong...

When reading a Rakhaawah word with sakoon on it, what would be its duration?

Question slaam o ailkum When reading a Rakhaawah word with sakoon on it, what would be its duration? Would it be one Haraka or less. And...

In rasam uthmani, some of the ayahs begin letter (huroof)with no vocal sign, as in surah yaasin ayah #21...

Question Assalamualaikum In rasam uthmani, some of the ayahs begin letter (huroof)with no vocal sign, as in surah yaasin ayah #21, #64, surah al...

I have a question about he qiraat of yaqub. I noticed that when stopping on certain words....

Question Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Jazakallahu khairaa for creating this website. I have a question about he qiraat of...

Which is more correct in Ikhfaa and Iqlaabm to leave the lips slightly open of to close them..

Question Assalmualikum I would like to know which is more correct in Ikhfaa and Iqlaab, to leave the lips slightly open of to close them all the...

Please explain the reasons why Izhaar if noon Saakin is done in the huroof Ul halq....

Question Please explain the reasons why Izhaar if noon Saakin is done in the huroof Ul halqi, Idghaam is done in the letters of Yarmaloon....

The beginning of Surah Al-Alaq , there is an Alif which if pronounced as an 'I' to join with the Qaaf and Raa should be pronounced as IQRA ...

Question Surah Al-Alaq (The Clot) - I am trying to master the basics of Quran Reading and principles. Can you please help? The beginning of...

what is the difference between shiddah and jahr?

Question What is the difference between shiddah and jahr? Answer Shiddah is imprisonment of the running of sound, so the sound does not run,...

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatu lilahi wa barakatu I would like to know whether or not the word "Salt" in general, but in surat al...

As Salaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakaatu, I have a question inshaAllah. Can you please give a short explanation of the different Qira'a,...

Assalamu'alaykum, Kaifa haalukum? I have two quick questions. (a) How many kinds of imaalah in the recitation of Warsh are there? Can you please...

Assalaamu alaikum, Could you please help answer the following questions for me ? 1. When did Tajweed start ? 2. What is wrong if we do...

Assalamou alaikoum. First of all, may Allah (SWT) reward you for this wonderful, Im learning a lot. I just had one ..

Salam Alaikum, Can you please provide me with an example of tanween followed by the letter kha (7th letter of alphabet) in the...

Assalamualaikum, Thank you for completing the list of words that start with a Hamzatul Wasl after waqf, as you have posted on . The ever...

I have one Question. I want to know the surah which is called Mother of Quran or is called the mother of book, is it surah Baqara or surah...

Question Assalamualaikum, In December of 2003, you have posted my question on your website regarding the list of words that start with...

In most tajweed books the Makhraj of Dhad is described as the edge of the tongue touching the roots or the gums of the last 4 teeth, the Adhraas....

Assalamu'alaykum Warohmatullaahi Wabarokatuh, I am from Indonesia . I have been 8 years teaching how to read Qur'an for children and older...

As Salaamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh. Ma sha Allah, what a beautiful site. I am a student of tajweed, who can only afford one lesson...

Ass salaam alaikum wa rahmatullaah May Allaah keep you in the best of Hidayath and Health. Al-Hamdulillaah, I find your site very informative...

Assalamu Aleikum A) I read the lesson on the Ta marboota and the Ta maftooha and their different occurrences in the Quran. Thus I would like to..

Salaams Can you advise as to where on the internet can I find practicing to read the Qur'an with tajweed. I want to be able to listen...

Assalamu alaikum, I am very confused about one thing. I live in Bulgaria and we use the Turkish style of reading. But I listened to some...

As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahe wa baraka dear brothers in Islam. About the letters Kha and Ghayn, besides the fact that both of these letters...

assalamou alaikoum. First of all, jazakoumoullahu khairan for this wonderful website, it's really helping me a lot in learning how to pronounce...

Assalamu Aleikum wa rahmatu lilahi wa barakatuh I have a question regarding the separate allowed lengthening (Al madd al djaa izil...

alsalamo alikom can you tell me please what is the Ekhfaa letters and Ezhar letters? gazakom allah kol khair. Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa...

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me (by obedience) and believe in Me that they may be rightly guided. (Al-Baqarah: 186))

I discovered something from my limited reading that somehow had confused me and I don't have the means to get it..

ASSALAMU'ALAYKUM WARAHMATULLAH How are you brothers, I wish that ALLAH bestow His blessings on all of you who are responsible for this service....

When tanween is followed by 'aliful-wasl (hamzatul-wasl); A. are there general rules of pronunciation? and B. what are the..

Bismil-Laahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem. Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatul-laahi wa barakaatuh, My compliments and thanks to you for this...

I am very fond of listening quran with tajweed, can u guide me to any website from where I can download tilawah by famous..

I am very fond of listening quran with tajweed, can u guide me to any website from where I can download tilawah by famous qaris in mujawwad format....

A while ago, I have seen a question and your response on this website regarding a hamzah with a tiny circle (zero), but was..

Assalam u alaikum, A while ago, I have seen a question and your response on this website regarding a hamzah with a tiny circle (zero), but was...

Is it permissible to recite the prayer (the parts that are not Quran) with tajweed? For example "subhaanak Allahumma" with..

Assalamu alaikum, Is it permissible to recite the prayer (the parts that are not Quran) with tajweed? For example "subhaanak Allahumma"...

I notice here in Egypt the qiraat is read "bil jam'"(lectively).I need to know if one can get an ijaaza for the ten qiraat in..

assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah. Again I have to congratulate u on this much informative site. May u grow from strength to strength. I notice...

I have been looking for long time to get a good biography of shiekh Abdurrahman As-Sudais, and shiekh Saud bin..

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu First of all jazkallah khair for this nice site. I have been looking for long time to get a...

Can you gave me some tips how to learn qiraat Warsh, and are there any books for beginners for qiraat Warsh? I had a..

ASSALAMOALIEKUM. Can you gave me some tips how to learn qiraat Warsh, and are there any books for beginners for qiraat Warsh? ...

I would appreciate if you wrote a bit on the founders of the homepage, also to assure people about the authenticity and..

Assalamu alaykum I'm very happy to have found this wonderful homepage, especially as it exactly follows the manhaj of my Shaykh Ayman Swaid and...

1st Question: do you run courses for the different qiraah or which Institute would you recommend, 2nd Question: is there any..

Assalámu `alaykum wa rahmatulláhi wa barakátuhu. First of Jaza'kallah hu khayrun. for all your efforts, May Allah give sincerity and make us do...

Asalaam u alaykum, may Allah reward you for your beautiful website, I just would like to know the tajweed rules for the azaan would it be...

Salam wa rahmah In your introduction you say that there are only 9 principles, however I have learnt according to the poem that there are...

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh, My respected teachers, I was reading the section entitled, "The first circumstance of the...

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh, My Respected Teachers, 1) I was studying the last section (called 'Its...

Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu I have heard somebody saying that the letter Raa should be said without any 'rolling'...

Assalamoalaikum, I am unclear as to articulation point of seen, saad, and zay. I have read that it is from the internal plates of the front two...

Assalaam u Alaykum, Can you provide some examples for the pronunciation of the letter dhaad (), as in 'waladdaalleen'. I have heard some expert...

Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmarullaahi wa Barakaatuhu I recently read in the book "Ghaayatul Mureed" that 5 counts for maddul Munfassil...

As'Salaamu Alaikum. I have a few questions pertaining to Arabic. 1. Laam At-Tareef what is it and...

Assalamoalaikum, What is the correct sound of ? Does it sound like sort of a 'z' or a heavy dhal? Thank you for your...

Why is there no idghaam of the noon in the 'MA NANSAKH" in surat Al Baqara ayat 106?

Question Assalamu Alaikum Please explain why there is no idhgham of noon in the kalimna 'MA NANSAKH" in surat Al Baqara ayat...

what is idgham mathalia?

Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullah, Most likely you are referring to idghaam mutamathilayn, also called idhgaam mithlayn, translated into English this...

where do u stop in the quran?

Question Assalaam alaykum, Where do you stop in the Quran? Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. The easiest way to know...

Can the stress on certain letter consonant/vowel combinations be applied in recitation of the Qur'an?

Question Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh When listening to reciters, I seem to hear virtually all of them applying the Arabic word...

Are characteristics of letters more apparent when the letter is saakin (not voweled)?

Question Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu I understand that the intrinsic characteristics are always present in the...

Is the tongue in the raised position when the alif is preceded by a letter of tafkheem?

Question Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu When making madd (like Al Muttasil) of an alif attached to a letter of tafkheem what...

Which is the correct terminology, istiaazah or ta'aawwudh, and basmalah or bismillah?

Question Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullah, Dear bothers and sisters @ abouttajweed.com, I pray all is well and in good Islamic spirits IA. First...

What are the rules of Nunun sakinah, tanwin, idgham and izhar?

Question What are the rules of Nunun sakinah, tanwin, idgham and izhar? Answer Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullah. You can find all the rules of...

Is there any noon sound when a noon saakinah is followed by a laam?

Question Assalaam Alayakum, I had a question from surah baqarah verse 12 (2:12) at the end I see there's a "noon" before a...

I want to know about vowelled and non vowelled letters in Holy Qur'an.

Question Assalamu alaikum. I want to know about vowelled and non vowelled letters in Holy Qur'an. Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa...

You said "Rawm cannot be on a presented kasrah or dhammah put on a letter to get rid of the occurrence of two saakin letters juxtaposed." I dont understand this sentence well.

Question Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraktuhu. I'm learning Stopping on the Ends of Words, in Lesson One:...

Why are the letters of Izhar the letters of Izhar? On what basis are they categorized as the letters of Izhar/Idhar?

Question Why are the letters of Izhar the lettesr of Izhar ? On what basis are they categorized as the letters of Izhar/Idhar? Answer Assalaam...

salam, please can you explain what Al-lahm is and give some examples?

Question salam, please can you explain what Al-lahm is and give some examples. jzk Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa...

I have noticed that in the 'murattal' recordings of Shaykh Basfar, he seems to prolong the harf dhaad when sakin...

Question Assalamu Alaykum Respected Teachers, I have noticed that in the 'murattal' recordings of Shaykh Basfar, he seems to prolong the harf...

I noticed you often mentioned the term "pure sukoon", I don't know what's the meaning of pure sukoon and how to pronounce it?

Question Salaam Alaikum, the staff of abouttajweed.com In yr courses, i noticed u often mentioned the term "pure sukoon", i dont know...

I have a question regarding the pronouncing of 'r' mushaddad when stopping on it.

Question Assalamu Alaykum Respected Teachers, I have a question regarding the pronouncing of 'r' mushaddad when stopping on it. From what I...

I was told there are three ways acceptable to read Aauzubillah, Bismillah and a surah, and the fourth way is not, is this true?

Question assalamuaalikum In your article Seeking refuge and Saying the Basmalah...

I was wanting know whether somebody can get ijeza for koran reading if they not Hafiz?

Question Salem. I was wanting know whether somebody can get ijeza for koran reading if they not Hafiz? If you not allowed, why?...

In a pure sukoon, we even don't pronounce the vowel. If the pure sukoon doesn't pronounce any vowel, how can we avoid the meeting of two sukoon?

Question Asalaam Alaikum I asked a question about the pure sukoon and rawm. Thanks for removing my doubt. But now it raises a new doubt. As you...

I wanted to know beside Husary what other reciters would you recommend?

Question Salamu alaykum I wanted to know beside Husary what other reciters would you recommend? Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa...

I have a problem while reciting Ayn; I end up reciting from nose specially when there is sakeen or dhamma?

Question As salaamu alaykum I have a problem while reciting Ayn ... i end up reciting from nose specially when there is sakeen or dhamma on Ayn...

What is the meaning of throat letters in Arabic?

Question What is the meaning of throat letters in Arabic? Answer The throat letters, which in Arabic is , are the six letters pronounced from...

I had a question about a special word in the Riwaayat Shu3bah from 3aasim: the word Milladnihi

Question Assalaamu 3alaykum dear respected teachers, All praise is due to Allah for having provided us students with good teachers, even though...

I heard some reciters of the quran elongating madd tabiee more than 2 counts.

Question Assalam o alaikum I heard some reciters of the quran elongating madd tabiee more than 2 counts .Is it a different way of reading the quran...

Could you please explain in detail the rules of Nun Qutni.

Question Could you please explain in detail the rules of Nun Qutni? Answer The term Nun Qutni is not an Arabic term, we asked, and it appears to...

Is it permissible to mix the lengths of al maddul aarid lis sukoon during a single recitation?

Question Assalaamu Alaikum Is it permissible to mix the lengths of al maddul aarid lis sukoon during a single recitation? e.g. 2 counts at the...

I know that there are three ways of joining Surah Anfaal with Surah Tauba in Hafs. I want to ask ...

Question I know that there are three ways of joining Surah Anfaal with Surah Tauba in Hafs. I want to ask what if we want to join another Surah like...

Some qari told me that it is allowed to read the start of surah yaseen and surah alqalm with idgham is it true?

Question assalamualaikum teacher, may ALLAH reward you for all this ameen. My question is that some qari told me that it is allowed to read...

What is ista'azah?

Question What is ista'azah? Answer means to seek refuge or protection. In the recitation of the Holy Qu'ran, it means seeking refuge with...

Please can you tell me how many hams letters are?

Question Assalam-o-alaikum, Please can you tell me how many hams letters are? shukran Answer Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa...

Would it be alright to say that the accent (an-nabr)is a pressure applied to a part or a specific letter of a word so that its sound is a little "higher" than that of the juxtaposed letters?

Question Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allah, Would it be alright to say that the accent (an-nabr)is a pressure applied to a part or a specific...

I would like to know the terminology of tajweed like what iz'ar, id'gam, iq'laab, ikh'fah and so on.

I tried searching mu'alm" tapes or online mp3 format on internet but could not get one.

Question Asslaam alaykum wa rahmatullah, I tried searching mu'alm" tapes or online mp3 format on internet but could not get one. Please...

Is it necessary to read al-madd al-`aarid li-ssukoon with the same number of counts throughout the recitation?

Question Assalamu `alaykum Is it necessary to read al-madd al-`aarid li-ssukoon with the same number of counts throughout the recitation? ...

Do we have to make a gunna for the waw letter?

Question Do we have to make a gunna for the waw letter? On what letters do we have to make gunna? Do we have to make gunna only when...

Is there a rule that describes how the lips be positioned while reciting idgham meem saakin and ikhfa meem saakin?

Question assalaamu a'laikum. Is there a rule that describes how the lips be positioned while reciting idgham meem saakin and ikhfa meem...

1.what are the three styles of recitation? 2.what are the two types of mistakes in Quranic recitaion (with detail)

My question is about ishmaam. In an earlier lesson, you've referred to it as having no sound

Question Assalaamu alaikum respected teachers, I hope that Allah grants you the highest parts of Jannatul firdaws for your efforts, Aameen. ...

When we read in surah fatiha al' aalaameen, how do we recite the madd which is created when we stop on aalaameen.

Question SalaamAleykum When we read in surah fatiha al' aalaameen, how do we recite the madd which is created when we stop on aalaameen. i know we...

Madd iwad rule has fathatain at the end of a sentence, but what do you do if you see a qalqalah letter..

Question Assalamu alaikum Madd iwad rule has fathatain at the end of a sentence if it has a alif or not, but what do you do if you see a...

. When we stop on a word that has a hamza and its preceded by a medd letter e.g of the word "as - samaaa".we consider it to be medd wajib...

Question I have learnt so much from this site.M.A. "May Allah reward you for all your efforts" Ameen I wanted to clarify one thing i.e....

idgham of qaaf into kaaf as in alam nakhlukkum, some books say this is complete and some...

Question Assalamu alaikum idgham of qaaf into kaaf as in alam nakhlukkum, some books say this is complete and some say there are two ways...

..the correct way of hiding the meem in the rule of Iqlaab is to close lips, hold the meem for the length of the ghunna and seperate when reading the baa...

Question Salaams I pray you are well. As mentioned, the correct way of hiding the meem in the rule of Iqlaab is to close lips, hold the meem for...

My question is about ikhfa shafawi and its' pronunciation by closing the lips. Would the action of closing the lips ?

Question Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh My question is about ikhfa shafawi and its' pronunciation by closing the lips. Would...

How are we supposed to read the word with the diamond and line under in 11:41 and the word with similar signs in 12:11?

Question Assalamu alaykum, How are we supposed to read the word with the diamond and line under in 11:41 and the word with similar signs in...

Please explain why the letter 'dhaad' is characterized as a letter of rakhaawah.

Question salamu alaikum, Please explain why the letter 'dhaad' is characterized as a letter of rakhaawah. To me, it seems that there is...

Can you please let me know what is the Al-jazariyyah Tajweed Poem for?

Question Assalamu Aalikum, First of all, may Allah reward you for this wonderful website. I don't speak Arabic. I'm trying to learn to read Quran...

Can you explain the rulings of madd al laazim, still a bit confused with that?

Question Salaam, Can you explain the rulings of madd al laazim,still abit confused with that, and also is there an easy way of remembering how...

Can you give examples of more letter pairs that are mutaqaaribaan according to both opinions from your lessons

Thread Information